Monday, February 28, 2005

Balboa Park

A friend of mine sent me a postcard of Balboa Park, in San Diego. She had been visiting up there and thought that it was absolutely beautiful.

I put the postcard on my piano and just stared at it while I was practicing. After a couple of days, I felt like I could almost see the action of the photograph. In my mind, I wondered, what if the leaves could fall down from the trees and dance across the water. It would be a beautiful way for these fall leaves to end their spiral decent as parteners on this reflective landscape.

And so sprang to life, my music of this dance.

Once, again, in my newfound compositional style, this piece is recorded at one sitting, with no previous practice or thought. I just closed my eyes, cleared my mind of everything but the subject and played the first thing that came to me. The music you hear below is the original and only recording. This is my gift to you, not necessarily from me.. the music was there in that photograph, I just recorded it for you.


Balboa Park 7.06 mp3 (c) 2002 William Cushman (7:06 / 6.6Mb)
To directly download to your computer click this icon:
--------
Want to use this piece in your project or website - royalty & commercial free at no cost?
Just ask.

Send me a quick email: Email

-Bill

3 comments:

奇怪的云 said...

Hi...I love your music...I am an artist...and would like to use your track in my video documentary...I am not sure how my video is eventually going to be like...but it will be a documentary of my mundane daily life...i thought your music is quiet and yet loud enough to be the track behind my emotions....no concrete work is being made at the moment....but I would like to seek your permission first...and works towards a collarboration in the future maybe....

奇怪的云 said...

oh...it is me again...just like to say i prefer the thursdayafternoon piece more than the balboa park...yah..that's all...look forward to listen to more of ur work.

CuShMaN said...

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, you can use any of my music for anything that you would like. I'll write you an email also.

To anyone else reading this, please feel free to use any of my music for things such as this. The only thing that I ask is that you put my name (and my blog, if you can) in the credits.

Most of the people that listen to my music think that "Thursday Afternoon" is one of the best so far. However, I'll let you be the judge of that. I have dozens more on the way.

Welcome to William Cushman's Ghostnotes