Monday, May 12, 2014

Holy, Holy, Holy!

Holy, Holy, Holy
I have a new project.

For several years, people have asked if I could provide them with "just the accompaniment" music for many of the hymns that I play on Sundays at church.

I believe God has now provided a good time to do some of those recordings.

The method is actually kind of simple.  I just asked the sound-guy, Carl, if he would turn down all of the other microphones and just record me and Jamie (the percussionist) during services or practices.  Afterwards, we will sort through the recordings and just chuck the ones that don't cut the mustard.

Here's one we did last night.  "Holy, Holy, Holy!" words by Reginald Heber (1783–1826) & music by John B. Dykes (1823-1876).  The overall volume is a little low, and the bass drum is a little loud.  And I messed up and hit a c-natural on one the verses.. but otherwise, I think it's nice.

I begin it with a standard 8 measure introduction and then it begins.  I do 4 verses.  If you know the words, feel free to sing along.

Click to open music in a mini-window "Holy, Holy, Holy!" - Mp3 (c) 2014 William Cushman (2:54 / 3.32Mb)
To directly download to your computer click this icon:qrcode--------Royalty and Commercial free Want to use this piece in your project or website at no cost? Just ask. Send me a quick email: Email-Bill

No comments:

Welcome to William Cushman's Ghostnotes